Having mold in your home is a serious issue. Not only can it damage your foundation, but it can also make you sick. Everyone tends to look at the shower curtain, under the sink, or in the basement when inspecting for mold issues, but mold can grow just about anywhere. Mold can be found in drywall, in the roof, and even in your Christmas tree. There are many different types of mold, including allergenic, pathogenic, and toxigenic. Mold illness is a variety of health problems that can occur from any mold exposure.
Some people may be more sensitive to mold spores than others, and they may develop respiratory symptoms after inhaling even a small number of spores. In large quantities, mold spores can cause ill health in almost anyone. Instead of waiting to see whether you should take action, here are some clear signs you can look for to know whether you have a mold problem or not. If you notice these signs of mold, reach out to your landlord, or seek professional cleaning help.