Lifestyle

10 Plants That Attract Positive Energy In Your Home

9. Aloe Vera Aloe vera is one of the most well-known medicinal plants. It can be traced back some 6,000 years, where it was used in… Elizabeth Lilian - February 17, 2017

9. Aloe Vera

Aloe vera is one of the most well-known medicinal plants. It can be traced back some 6,000 years, where it was used in ancient Egypt. Known as the plant of immortality, it was presented to deceased pharaohs as burial gifts. It’s a succulent plant native to North Africa, Southern Europe and the Canary Islands, but it’s grown in tropical climates all around the world.

Aloe vera is roughly 99% water, but the remaining 1% contains almost 100 ingredients that have healing properties like protein, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and many vitamins. It’s used as an effective salve for skin sores and problems like scrapes, burns and eczema. Aloe can also be used internally for mouth and stomach ulcers and other issues. It’s an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral plant and in 1994, the FDA approved it for use in the treatment of HIV.

Esoteric beliefs were to plant aloe vera around the house to ward off disease and protect the residents from evil, and it’s said that keeping a small plant in the house will prevent mishaps and accidents. In Feng Shui, the aloe vera plant brings good luck, releases energy that can fight off bad luck and negative vibes, staves off loneliness and invites spiritual and physical healing.

It’s an easy plant to grow, and helps clear the air of formaldehyde, benzene and other environmental pollutants. Place your aloe vera plant in indirect sunlight, and be sure to water it regularly. Ensure it has proper drainage, as it doesn’t cope well in standing water. Using aloe vera as a topical cream can be effective and safe, but it’s important to note which species of aloe you have in your home, as some species can cause allergic reactions.

10. Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemums are a popular flowering herb that was first cultivated in China as far back as 15th century BC. It was thought to have the power of life and was used for many purposes. It was included in salads, brewed for tea, or boiled and used as a headache remedy. Chrysanthemums all belong to the daisy family, known as the Compositae, and they’ve been developed to include shades of pink, purple, red, yellow, orange, white and bronze.

In Japan, the chrysanthemum is seen as a royal symbol, and a sign of longevity and happiness. In fact, the Japanese people celebrate the Festival of Happiness every year, in which they honor the chrysanthemum. It’s also known as the ‘mum’, and it symbolizes lasting friendship, family support, cheerfulness, good spirits, recovery from challenges and illness, birth, loyalty and devotion.

Chrysanthemum is a powerful Feng Shui symbol. It’s considered a multi-functional plant, as it can symbolize many different aspects of life. They’re excellent as air filters, and they encourage tranquillity and help alleviate anxiety and grief. It’s important to water them regularly, as this is a crucial part of caring for chrysanthemums. But be sure to water them from under the leaves, which can prevent fungal issues. Place your chrysanthemum somewhere they will receive good air circulation, and avoid excess humidity.

Chrysanthemums only flower for three to four weeks, and unfortunately once they’ve flowered they are relatively useless and won’t re-bloom again. However, they still encourage positive energy, and can look attractive even after they’ve bloomed. If you decide to keep it on display after the flowers have fallen off, be sure to fertilize it once a month during the growing season.

Advertisement