It is not necessary to spend a fortune on skin care to look younger. There are many available top anti aging skin care products at home in your cabinets! One of the main keys to keep your skin young and fresh is to maintain its moisture. That for, keep your skin hydrated daily and drink plenty of water. There are many natural oils that have the necessary properties to fight off the aging signs. Additionally, they can also keep your skin hydrated.
The reason behind this is that these oils contain high levels of antioxidants. Thus, you can use them to fight off the damage that your skin suffers from daily with free radicals. They also help to keep at bay the damage done by UV rays and pollutants. Additionally, each of these top anti aging skin care oils has its own unique properties that can also target other skin necessities.
So if you feel like your skin needs a boost of life, come with us as we discover the 10 top anti aging skin care carrier and essential oils!
1 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Argan Oil
Argan oil is definitely our first choice when considering top anti aging skin care. This is because Argan oil has always been a hidden treasure for Moroccan women for many good reasons. This golden liquid contains a high percentage of fatty acids (up to a whopping 80%). Fatty acids help to control and deflect free radicals and thus fighting anti aging.
Additionally, this gorgeous golden oil contains vitamins A and E. Because of these two, Argan oil can help your skin to reduce fine lines, age spots, and wrinkles. Thanks to these properties, this oil is perfect to lock in moisture in the deep layers of your skin. But that’s not it! Because of this, it improves the elasticity of your skin and it protects it from UV rays damage. After all these amazing benefits, you surely understand why it made it to the top anti aging skin care list!
But this is not only matter of regular talk, it has been proven scientifically. Back in 2015, one of the studies published in Clinical Interventions in Aging proved that using or applying Argan oil on a daily basis has direct effects on the skin. What’s more, it is a very easily absorbable oil so it won’t leave your skin oily or sticky after application. Even the most sensitive skins will love this top anti aging skin care oil!
Argan Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Make sure to clean your skin with gentle products every evening before bedtime. Once your face is clean, apply 2-3 drops of Argan oil with your hands. Massage your skin in gentle circular motions until the oil is absorbed.
- Additionally, you can also add Argan oil to your daily intake. Its nutty flavor will surprise you and enrich your dishes. Make sure to use culinary grade argan oil and only one tablespoon per day.
2 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Olive Oil
Olive oil is definitely a recurrent protagonist of our articles, and that has a very good reason behind it! Its properties have been used for centuries, even in the old Greek and Roman societies. Not only for its beauty properties but also for health and culinary reasons. Similar to Argan, Olive oil also contains vitamins A and E which have anti oxidant and protective properties. It also contains other minerals that help your skin to fight off free radicals.
Olive oil made it to the top anti aging skin care because, among many other properties, it boosts the production of collagen. Collagen is what provides your skin with the necessary boost to look young and fresh, apart from its elasticity. However, not everything is a result of applying it topically on your skin. Olive oil also has wonderful properties when taken internally. It can protect you from anything age related, including diseases like osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s among others.
Many are the studies that praise its benefits, but specifically, the one published in 2012 in PLoS One confirms that its content of monounsaturated fatty acids can help with many aspects. Such as reducing insulin resistance, and even reduce processes related to inflammations. This means that it can protect the skin against aging and damage from the sun.
Olive Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Before your regular shower or bath, make sure to apply and massage olive oil on your body. Use your hands to make it lukewarm. Take your time to really rub it deeply into your skin. Not only will it make your skin look gorgeous and fresh, but it will also help you to improve your circulation. Your skin will feel hydrated and young again! Pro tip: do this 5-10 minutes daily.
- Additionally, make sure to ingest 1-2 tablespoons daily. Best if Extra-Virgin olive oil for food consumption.
3 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Coconut Oil
This tasty and wonderfully smelling oil is one of a kind. Coconut is known as the tree of a thousand uses in South East Asian countries. This is because every single part of it can be utilized for something. Like house roofs, shoes, clothes, food, creams, etc. It is just obvious that Coconut would make it to our top anti aging skin care agents!
Coconut oil has many benefits and properties, not only for the skin, but also for your health. It promotes the production and replacement of collagen. By having a right level of collagen, you will prevent the development of fine lines and wrinkles. What’s more, it also has antioxidant benefits. It helps to nourish any damaged or inflamed skin; as well as fight free radicals. Additionally, it contains lauric acid. This is used to fight acne and breakouts.
Same as above, coconut oil is used all around the world to treat and prevent eczemas, psoriasis, and dry skin. During a study in 2004, that was later published in the Dermatitis journal, it was proved that coconut oil was a perfect moisturising supplement for the skin. Another property that helps preventing aging is its guard benefits. Coconut oil protects your skin from sun damage, which is one of the most direct factors in skin aging.
Coconut Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Use coconut oil to wash your face at night instead of soap. Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. Any leftover oil will be absorbed and will nourish the skin.
- Try to massage your entire body daily with coconut oil after your daily shower or bath. Your skin will feel soft and moisturised. Just use a dollop and rub it in gentle, circular motions on your skin. Coconut oil is hard to absorb at first, so don’t apply too much. Let it soak gently during the next few minutes.
- Coconut oil can also be used for cooking and is very healthy for your heart.
4 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Almond Oil
We all know that gentle bitter taste of almond. It reminds us of delicious desserts and summer evenings. However, almond can offer so much more, and even benefits for our skin. Like Argan and Olive, Almond oil also contains a very high quantity of vitamins A and E. These two vitamins keep the skin healthy and its elasticity. Additionally, they help with a good circulation. Almond oil has a nutty flavour and smell and it tastes really good on any dish. And your skin loves it too!
It is a natural sun blocker, so it is perfect to hydrate your skin while sunbathing. There are two main scientific studies that have proved the benefits of Almond oil so far. The first one, in 2007, was published inside the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. This study proved that topical application of almond oil could prevent UV damage.
After that, in 2010, another study that was later published in the Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice journal, proved the moisturising and emollient benefits of Almond oil. Explaining that it is just perfect to soften and nourish your skin, thus making it look younger and with a better complexion.
Almond Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- If you’re pregnant and your doctor allows it, apply Almond oil twice daily on your growing belly and thighs. This will help to prevent stretch marks.
- After your daily bath or shower, apply Almond oil gently all around your body. Almond oil is quickly absorbed and will nourish your skin from within. Locking the moisture in the deeper layers.
- Apply 2-3 drops in the around the eye area using your hands to massage it extremely gently, in circular motions. You will be able to prevent aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Remember to also add Almond oil to your regular diet. Either in the form of oil for salads or by eating a handful of almonds during the evening snack.
5 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil was part of a huge fad a few years back. It suddenly became a necessary oil all over the world before being overshadowed by Shea butter and coconut oil. However, even though most people have forgotten about Jojoba oil, it never stopped being amazing!
Jojoba oil is actually one of the most moisturising oils on this planet! And on top of that, it also fights aging sings on your skin. This particular oil contains a mixture of vitamins E and C which is perfect for a fast cellular regeneration process. Thus firming and rejuvenating your skin from within. Used daily, Jojoba oil will help you to diminish age spots, wrinkles, and fine lines among other aging signs.
As mentioned above, this top anti aging skin care oil is also a fantastic moisturiser. It has emollient properties that lock the moisture deep within your skin. It also helps to prevent rough patches and skin irritation. Because of its formulation, it is perfect for all skin types, even those that are extremely sensitive. This wonder oil can even accelerate the healing of wounds and cuts. Always apply by mixing it with another carrier oil such as Almond oil. It can also be mixed with already formulated creams such as your moisturising one.
Jojoba oil cannot be ingested as it is not approved for food consumption. However, it is perfect for your skin and will nourish it from within if used on a regular basis.
Jojoba Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Mix half part of Jojoba with half part of Almond oil. Use the mix to massage your skin gently after your daily bath or shower. This can be repeated daily to really nourish and hydrate your skin as needed.
- Alternatively, add 2-3 drops of Jojoba oil to your favorite anti aging face cream. Together, they will multiply in their efforts to keep your skin fresh and young.
6 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Lavender Essential Oil
Essential oils are not the same as carrier oils. Carrier oils are those we just talked above. Liquids that come from pressing certain kernels and working their pulps. Carrier oils can be applied directly to the skin without any reactions for most people. However, essential oils are different. They come from extracting the concentrated essences of some fruits, flowers, and herbs. They need to be diluted inside a cream or a carrier oil to be safely applied on skin. Some essential oils (but not all) are apt for food consumption.
Essential oils are normally used within carrier oils for skin treatment. But they can also be warmed up for aromatherapy, added to sprays for perfume, or even just applied on clothes for its scent. And the Lavender essential oil is one of the most famous ones in the world. Its properties go beyond an amazingly relaxing scent. It has been used for centuries in cosmetic products all around the world, and it is known for relaxing even those who are stressed.
It has an extremely high content of antioxidants. But not only that! It also has anti fungal and anti septic properties. Thus helping to prevent and heal many skin conditions. Including but not only psoriasis and eczemas. Because of his wonderful properties, it’s the perfect ally to fight off the aging signs on your skin!
As mentioned above, essential oils shouldn’t be applied directly on the skin. Additionally, each essential oil is different. Make sure to consult your pharmacists and doctor to know which ones to use for each occasion. And remember, don’t apply essential oils before exposing your skin to the sun! Some of them can provoke burns.
Lavender Essential Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Mix together 5-6 drops of Lavender Essential Oil with 1tbsp of Aloe Vera gel. Use your hands to apply the mixture onto your skin. Massage it gently in circular motions. Wait for 10 minutes and then rinse off using cold water. It is recommended to do this daily in order to achieve a better complexion and young-looking skin!
- Add a few drops of Lavender essential oil to a spray bottle and mix with fresh water. Spray a small amount on your washed face every morning. It will not only help you to get through any stressful day at work. It will also refresh and moisturise your skin!
7 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Avocado Oil
Do you like avocados? We’re sure you do! And, who doesn’t? They are like a perfect fruit for salads. Tasty and creamy like butter, that can be added to almost anything. However, avocado is not only good for your tastebuds. Avocado oil is like a treasure of benefits. Use this oil if you have extremely dry skin.
Just like other oils above, avocado oil is rich in vitamins E and A. Which makes it perfect to protect your skin from free radicals and reduce the aging signs. What’s more, apart from helping with the regeneration of cells, it even helps to heal damaged ones. Avocado oil is also full of fatty acids just like coconut oil. So it is absolutely perfect to keep your skin healthy and young. These acids will help you to prevent and reduce aging signs. Such as wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
Another property of this oil is that it even helps to even out your skin tone, and prevent redness. If you have dry to very dry skin, this is the oil for you! The good news is that avocado oil is available almost everywhere nowadays. It can also be ingested as it is apt for food consumption. It tastes perfect on salads and pastas alike!
Avocado Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- If you have a rash or rough patch, apply a few drops of avocado oil on it. Massage very gently and let it absorb. It will soothe the itch and nourish the skin from within.
- The same can be used also for psoriasis, eczema, and even dandruff. Make sure to massage gently and rub it using your hands. Warm oil is absorbed better. That for just warm it up with your hands.
- Take it daily in your favourite salad to add some nutty flavour to it. It will also help your heart!
8 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Pomegranate Seed Oil
This one is not as famous as the other oils from this article, however, it is as good as any! This very tasty summer fruit is not only delicious for our body. Pomegranate seed oil can also provide extremely positive benefits to our skin. It has very powerful antioxidants that fight off free radicals. This wonderful oil can also help protect your skin from sun and environment exposure.
This oil works in a way where it strengthens the epidermis (the outer layers of your skin). And at the same time it repairs the dermis (the inner layers of the skin). Additionally, it helps to boost the production of collagen, which results in skin elasticity. By using this precious oil, you will be nourishing your skin from within. Further studies in 2006 proved that pomegranate seed oil can help to regenerate the outer layer of your skin (epidermis). This is what reduces the aging signs by allowing the skin to regenerate at a higher rate.
But that’s not everything that there is about pomegranate seed oil. It also has healing, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties. Which support your skin’s health. It is an extremely light oil so your skin can absorb it very easily and will feel young and refreshed. This oil is apt for any skin type, so even if your skin is sensitive, pomegranate seed oil will be good for you.
Pomegranate Seed Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Use your hands to warm up 2-3 drops of pomegranate seed oil. Apply it gently on the skin by massaging in circular motions. This oil can be used daily and even on irritated skin.
- Because of its regenerating properties, pomegranate seed oil can also be applied on dull hair. Apply a few drops after washing your hair. Let it soak and dry your hair as usual.
9 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat is an ingredient that most of us will recognise from our favorite foods such as bread, pasta, pizza, and generic dough. It is such a common ingredient that not many can think of it as a cosmetic products. However, wheat germ oil is extremely good for your skin. Wheat germ oil contains high levels of vitamins A and E, as well as antioxidants. These three are perfect to protect your skin from free radicals and the damaging UV rays of the sun.
This particular oil is extremely good to help your skin to regenerate. Thus healing dry and flaky skin, and reducing aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines. It was discovered in 2010, through a study published in the journal of Pharmacology Research, that mixing wheat germ oil with aloe vera gel would produce way better results than applying them separately. Since this study was published, it has been widespread that formulations should contain both together.
If you have dry to very dry skin, you will want to mix aloe vera gel with wheat germ oil for topical application. Even though it is a carrier oil, wheat germ oil seems to work better when mixed with other oils or gels. You can even add wheat germ oil to your favorite night or moisturising cream.
Wheat Germ Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Mix 1tbsp of aloe vera gel with a 3-4 drops of wheat germ oil. Apply the mixture on your clean skin and massage gently in circular motions for approximately 5 minutes. Let it sit on your skin for at least another 10 minutes but not more than 20. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. You can repeat daily if necessary to nourish your skin.
- If you do not have any aloe vera gel, don’t worry! You can create the above mixture with equal parts of honey and wheat germ oil. Then follow the same instructions above and enjoy of a young and fresh looking skin!
10 – Top Anti Aging Skin Care: Neem Oil
Even though you might have never heard of Neem before, it produces a golden oil which is perfect for your skin. The oil that comes from these leaves is rich in many properties that will keep your skin fresh and young-looking. These properties come from its content of vitamin E and polyunsaturated fatty acids. As well as its antioxidant contents. All of these together make this oil not only perfect to fight off free radicals and aging signs. But it also makes it into an antifungal, anti inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiviral oil!
All of these make of Neem oil your ally for a healthy skin. Its emollient properties will have such a moisturising effect on your skin that you will see the difference. Your fine lines, wrinkles, and age sports will reduce with regular use. Because of its antibacterial properties, it is also perfect to heal and prevent acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
During a study in 2001, it was shown by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that the content of polyunsaturated fatty acids in Neem oil was able to protect the entire body against UV irradiation.
Neem Oil Top Anti Aging Skin Care uses:
- Mix together the following: 1tbsp of Neem oil and 1/3 of a cup of lukewarm coconut oil. Use your hands to rub it gently in circular motions on your skin, do this for five minutes. Leave it on for an additional ten minutes. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a soft towel. You can follow this routine every night before bed time. Your skin will glow in health!