The skin is the mirror of our overall health. When we’re dehydrated, it shows on our skin. When we’re sick, cold or hot, it shows on our skin. So why do we tend to forget to take care of it? The skin is as important as any other organ. So today we’ll show you how to pamper it the way it deserves! This list of best natural skin moisturizers consists of ingredients you will find in most households.
**Important: Honey is an animal-produced product, so it is not suitable for Vegans.
Honey is the golden treasure of the animal kingdom. Its original use being feeding the bee swarms during hard winters. Humans have used honey for thousands of years, as depicted in cave paintings in Europe. Honey is produced by mixing the floral nectar with enzymes. Its chemical properties allow honey to stay perfect for thousands of years (honey does not spoil as microorganisms cannot grow in it). It also provides humectant and emollient properties.
Honey is the first in our list of best natural skin moisturizers because it helps you retain moisture within your skin. What’s more, its emollient properties allow moisture to reach deeper layers of the skin. This golden treasure is perfect to heal burns, restore damaged skin, and hydrate overall.
Uses of honey
- Apply on dry lips to get them hydrated and pumped them up.
- Use a dense layer of honey on extremely dry skin. Leave for 20 minutes then rinse off with water (preferably lukewarm). Pat dry and repeat up to three times a week.
- Mix two parts of honey with two parts of milk (whole). Apply on any type of skin for approximately 10 minutes. Rinse off with a shower and repeat as many times as needed during the week.
- Mix honey with sugar and some drops of lemon juice. Create a nice thick paste and apply to skin. Massage in circular motions to scrub off dead skin cells and hydrate skin. Only use once a week.
- Pro Tip: Honey is also great for your hair! Mix 1/4 cup of honey with ten tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar. Apply to damp hair as if it would be shampoo. Let it sit for 15 minutes then rinse off with warm water. Your hair will look silky, hydrated, and luscious!