A decade or two ago we would only really start worrying about our skins when we reached our forties. However with today’s levels of stress, pollution and our unhealthy ways of eating, not to mention the daily dangerous exposure to UV rays we all experience. All these factors lead to premature skin aging and loss of glow.
Yes, there are fabulous spa treatments you can indulge in. But this requires two things; money and time. Both of which we don’t all have the luxury of. When we are able to go to the spa for a treatment like a deep facial cleanse that every once in a while, we are not only exposing our precious skin to chemicals in the various products but realistically does a treatment every few months have any benefit?
Believe it or not, even the most stunning woman in the world with flawless skins has used home remedies to keep their skin healthy and glowing. Yes, it’s true. We all have normal household ingredients at home and if we knew how to blend them together we would be able to cleanse, nourish, exfoliate and moisturize our skins. Regular facial cleansing not only lets our skin look healthier, but is able to reduce blackheads, some dark spots and even reduce fine gaining lines.
We all have different skin types and when trying anything new on our skins it’s best to first do a “test” patch to check that you have no allergic reaction to the ingredients. Here are fifteen of the best home remedies for facial masks on the planet.
1. Turmeric, Honey & Milk mask
Turmeric is packed full of anti-oxidants and has been proven to have incredibly strong anti-aging benefits and assists in lightening your skin. Milk and honey are nature’s gifts and if you combine these three simple ingredients you will have a face mask that is so highly effective.
Honey hydrates the skin and its antibacterial properties allow for the prevention of skin breakouts, whilst the lactic acid in milk works as a natural cleanser. Turmeric is also known to rid our skins of pimples and reduce acne. If you have any worries about your skin going slightly yellow, don’t worry, you can simply wipe your skin clean with either olive or avocado oil after washing off your mask.
This is what you will need:
- A small bowl
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey (to hydrate your skin)
- 1 tablespoon of milk (your cleanser)
Step one: Making the mask
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder to your bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to your bowl
- Then add 1 teaspoon of milk
- Mix well until you have a smooth paste
Step two: Application
- You can use this mask at least twice a week
- Clean and dry your face before applying the mask
- Using a clean soft brush gently brush the mask all over your face and neck – avoid your eyes.
- Allow the mask to remain on your skin for 10 (ten) minutes and then rinse off with cool water
- If your skin is slightly yellow afterward then just wipe your skin with either olive or avocado oil
By applying and using this simple homemade facial mask remedy twice weekly you will soon note a healthy glow to your skin.