2. Shrimps with black rice and fruits
The recipe you are about to go through is loaded with a burst of anti-oxidants, that drive away disease causing species from your body efficiently. Moreover, the recipe is rich in fibers and tickles your taste buds with a crack of Asian taste, which comes by the virtue of vinegar, ginger and soy sauce.
- In a medium-sized saucepan containing water, bring to boil two cups of black rice, one and half inch piece of peeled and chopped ginger; and a teaspoon of salt. After this, reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for about five minutes. Take the saucepan off the stove and let the food settle for five minutes. Then fluff the rice with a fork and set it aside.
- Now heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-heat in a large-sized skillet. Add to it 1 and 1/4 pounds of large de-veined and peeled shrimps, and some salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- In another pan over medium temperature, heat a teaspoon of oil and add to it two and half cups of sugar snap peas that are cut into one inch-long pieces. Cook and stir for two minutes. Now add 3 peaches that are cut into slices in the same pan and cook for another two minutes. Transfer the whole thing into the dish containing the black rice.
- Grab a bowl and add in it 2 tablespoons of honey, three tablespoons of olive oil, 1 table spoon of soy sauce and 3 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar. Whisk these ingredients until they go smooth. Now pour this dressing over the rice, top it with shrimps and toss.
3. Grilled shrimps:
Tired of cooking the routine cuisine over stoves all the time? Want to try some exotic and easy recipe with shrimps? Why not grill them?
Toss some shrimps in out favorite sauce and grill them. Thread the grilled shrimps alternatively with any of your favorite veggies. Serve the dish with boiled white rice.
Grilled shrimps are way more less in calories and require less time to get done. They can make you some mouthwatering light-lunch or a fulfilling brunch.
4. Bake them to dine them!
Hail the oven in your kitchen, for baking is yet another healthy mode of cooking which prepares you a dish with comparatively lesser amounts of calories.
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add to it one and half cups of diced onion. Stir it for about three minutes until it goes soft. Now add to the onions two teaspoons of garlic and cook it for over a minute. Next, add 14.5 ounces of diced tomatoes with their juice and cook until it starts boiling. Now reduce the heat and simmer it for 5 minutes until the tomato gravy thickens.
Take off the puree from the stove and stir in it 1 and 1/4 pounds of de-veined and peeled shrimps, and one-fourth cup of minced parsley. Sprinkle two-third cups of feta cheese over it and bake the dish for about twelve minutes, until the shrimps seem to be cooked well.
5. Roast it like crazy!
After grilling and baking, lets try out another crazy method to cook shrimps in a healthy way. For this you need to preheat the oven up to 400 degrees F. Mix two pounds of de-veined and peeled shrimps with a tablespoon of olive oil, and some salt and pepper. Spread them over a sheet pan in a single layer. Roast the dish for eight to ten minutes.
What about the sauce? Well for this, you can combine a variety of hot sauces like the Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, hot sauce, and some ketchup. Also add three tablespoons of prepared horseradish and two teaspoons of lemon juice. Your hot and fiery dip is ready to accompany your roasted shrimps.