From Mercury Retrograde to Retrograding Your Mercury
Few things are as intoxicating as the silvery liquid metal known as mercury. Companies use it in everything from thermometers to light bulbs, and its strange properties have captivated scientists and laypeople alike. However, many people don’t realize that mercury is also highly toxic to the human body.
Studies show that even low levels of exposure can cause neurological damage, and high levels can be fatal. Inhaling mercury vapor is particularly dangerous, as it can quickly build up to toxic levels in the body. When mercury is inhaled or ingested, it can damage the brain, kidneys, and lungs. High levels of mercury exposure can even lead to death. Children and fetuses are especially vulnerable to mercury poisoning, leading to developmental delays and congenital disabilities. Having said that, why would anyone be exposing themselves to mercury, you may ask?