40. Honey is a huge risk for babies.
Before the age of two, a child should not have any honey. That’s because it contains bacteria that result in botulism, a severe form of food poisoning. So how are we able to eat it as adults? As humans grow, they create developed immune systems capable of handling these bacteria in small amounts. On the other hand, children are not so fortunate and can become very sick if they ingest even the smallest amount of honey. Even though it is a natural sweetener, you want to keep it away from very young children. Besides, honey and peanut butter are often choking hazards for children under two. Once old enough to have honey in small amounts, there can be many benefits, including vitamins B and C, antioxidants, and may also act as a cough suppressant. With that said, raw honey that hasn’t been filtered or processed in any way is likely to provide the most benefits.