10. Foot Pain due to Long Periods of Standing Activity
As you may have noticed already throughout the article, there are two common things that cause foot pain. A sedentary life combined with unbalanced diet is the first. The other is long periods of standing time. Even though many believe that standing is healthy, any extreme is bad for your body. Standing mostly still during long periods can lead to swelling in the lower part of the body. Walking and moving is much better than simply standing.
Standing for hours will definitely cause foot pain, but it’s not the only cause. A variety of leg and foot problems come from this And this includes strain on joints, ligaments, and bones. Additionally, standing also causes varicose veins. However, one of the key actions that will help you prevent all this is actually using proper shoes. Even if you stand for hours, if the shoes are right, the consequences will be minor.
Equally important is to get directions from a podiatrist or orthopedist on how to manage your daily activities to prevent foot pain. If your work forces you to stand for hours, your medical consultant will be able to give you specific suggestions and help you choose the correct shoes.
Tips to solve this issue:
- Wear comfortable and appropriate shoes. If this is an issue, consult with a podiatrist or orthopedist to find the best ones for you.
- When standing still, make sure to shift your weight among your legs. Balance the pressure by using this simple method.
- Put a pillow under your feet when in bed. This will help them relax while you sleep.
- Stretch daily and in every break. Not only your legs but also your back and arms.
- Make sure to take several breaks to sit down.
- Massage your legs and feet with warm oil, as well as apply cold compresses to reduce swelling.