Glycerin is a natural thick, gel–like liquid that has a high moisture-attracting property, which makes it one of the greatest natural humectants available. It is non-comedogenic, highly-moisturizing and easily absorbs into your skin.
Vegetable glycerin is commonly used for the beauty products like soaps, moisturizers and many other products, which adds hydration to your skin, as well as trapping it there to avoid moisture loss. Glycerin has many beauty uses and benefits that makes it a product with multiple uses and benefits, including:
- You can use glycerin as an effective and affordable skin moisturizer. Glycerin attracts moisture naturally, and enhances the skin suppleness; hence, it is an effective, yet affordable skin moisturizer. You can use glycerin directly on your face to give it natural moisture and to get rid of the dryness. You can apply glycerin on your dry skin every night, so you can wake up with softer skin in the morning.
- Apply glycerin regularly as a facial skin toner. Glycerin as face toner works to maintain your skin’s natural pH balance and enhance your skin’s texture. This makes it a great treatment for large skin pores. You can mix some glycerin and rose water in equal parts and with a cotton pad to apply on your face. It helps to tone the skin and acts as a light moisturizer on the skin.
- Use glycerin as a soothing hand cream to get beautiful soft hands. You can take some milk cream and glycerin in equal quantities, mix them and thoroughly massage your hands using the mixture. If you have tried everything else to no avail, try using glycerin for your dry, rough hands.
- Glycerin can also make a great foot scrub. Your feet are usually dry, even if you do not have dry skin anywhere else on your body. Reducing the dryness of the feet and nourishing them can make them softer, and for this purpose, glycerin is the best option. Glycerin can be used to prepare a foot scrub by mixing it with sugar and lemon juice. Apply it to your feet and gently scrub for five minutes. Wash off after 15 minutes. Sugar and lime juice helps to remove the marks and spots on the feet while glycerin will nourish and heal them.
10. Banana Mask
Banana is amazing, not only for the skin, but also for your overall health. Bananas contain many nutrients that make it the perfect addition to lots of natural face masks. Some of the nutrients in bananas include:
- Potassium: Hydrates and moisturizes dehydrated skin.
- B Vitamins: Protects the skin against the damaging free radicals that cause oxidative stress and premature aging.
- Vitamin A: Heals dry withered skin, as well as helps in fading acne scars and dark spots, while smoothing out aging skin.
- Zinc: Fights acne causing germs.
- Vitamin C: Necessary for your body to produce collagen, as well as fighting off free radicals and for oily skin control.
- Vitamin E: Protects skin from UV damage as well as slows down the process of aging and fights free radical damage to skin cells.
- Lectin: Destroys bacteria that causes acne and pimples.
- Amino Acids: Nourishes skin as well as strengthens connective tissue and helps maintain skin elasticity and strength.
Banana and banana peels are easy and affordable to use as homemade remedies for treating acne and pimples. You can apply the inside of a banana peel directly onto your acne to reduce inflammation and destroy bacteria. Also, you can create a face mask with mashed banana, honey and turmeric to brighten, reduce acne and moisturize your skin. Leave it on for five to 10 minutes, then wash this off with cold water and pat your face dry.
Banana is a great exfoliating application, which helps slough off the excess sebum, or oil, on the skin’s surface. It also contains moisture, potassium and vitamins E and C, which all promote clear glowing skin. Rich in potassium, bananas hydrate and moisturize dry skin, making it soft and supple.
If your skin is peeling and dry, simply apply a banana face mask on your face. If you’ve got oily skin, use a simple banana face mask by adding a few drops of lemon juice and honey.
These 10 remedies for dry skin are easy to access and prepare. They are also quite affordable compared to commercial dry skin products, so pick one to try today. Both your wallet and your skin will appreciate your efforts. You don’t have to live with dry, uncomfortable skin any longer. All you have to do is look in your kitchen to find all the dry skin help you need.