11. Strawberry and Black Currant Chia Smoothie
This smoothie is a little different than the blueberry MCT oil-rich smoothie. The combination of berries means it’s a little higher on the carb count and a little more like a super-nutrient milkshake. The fats are a little lighter too, so this is a good recipe to start with if you are a newbie to the Keto or low-carb eating plan. The pairing of black currants and strawberries will add an extra layer of flavor.
- Here’s how to make this sweet but tart smoothie that’s sure to tease the taste buds:
- Blend one-half cup of fresh or frozen black currents with one half cup strawberries.
- Add one quarter cup coconut milk or heavy whipping cream.
- Pour in one half cup water and add two tablespoons whole or powdered Chia seeds.
- To sweeten it, just add a half of a vanilla pod or vanilla extract. You can also use a low carb sweetener. The berries may be tart, so taste test this smoothie before blending it.
- To make a meal replacement smoothie, just include a little coconut cream and protein powder.
- Let your smoothie rest in your refrigerator for five minutes, so the Chia seeds can absorb the liquid.
- Top it off with whipped cream and one or two of berries. You can also use mint if you have it.
Have you chosen your favorite from these 11 delicious keto-friendly and low-carb smoothie recipes? Just pick one at a time to try, and you’ll never feel bored by beverages again. All these smoothies are healthy and fit the low-carb lifestyle, so be sure to share them.