5. Reese’s Peanut Butter Smoothie Cup
This low carb, Keto version of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Smoothie Cup will sing to your taste buds. Also, it will make your scale smile back at you and congratulate you for sticking to a low-carb eating plan. Yes, it is possible to enjoy delicious flavors and wholesome treats without hidden sugars and unhealthy fats.
Cutting out or down on sugar can lead to feeling flat if you are not eating sufficient fat. This may sound like the opposite of all the diet advice you have ever heard, but it is true. Modern diets have evolved in a way that has taken humans on a far different path than their cavemen ancestors. Your body is designed to eat natural fats and proteins. So the vast amount of processed carbohydrates and refined sugars are not good for you.
Think of that big calorie count on chocolate and candy bars, as well as the amount you consume. Your body stores that energy for another time. That means you will continue to gain weight on diets that are high in carbohydrates. For a healthy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup-inspired smoothie, follow these steps:
- Mix together one tablespoon unsweetened, natural peanut butter with one tablespoon cocoa powder.
- Add one half scoop vanilla protein powder and one tablespoon heavy whipping cream. If you opt for chocolate protein powder, use less cocoa.
- Next, add one-half cup of unsweetened almond milk and a cup of ice.
- Add sweetener to taste and pour into your blender or use a hand stick blender.
- Mix or blend everything together.
6. Bulletproof Frozen Mocha
Like the Keto Kickstart Coffee, this Frozen Mocha will power up your morning and kick-start your day. However, if you are new to a low-carb or Keto diet, remember that introducing more fats and oils may upset your stomach. But your body will adapt over time. You could use half the MTC oil in the beginning since it is a concentrated blend. Coffee and chocolate go well together and will tickle your taste buds.
To make this super convenient make some coffee ice-cubes the night before or you can keep some handy in a food storage container. Because you need to dilute coffee in hot water, it is the enemy of frozen drinks. Follow these steps to make your Bulletproof Frozen Mocha:
- Add eight ice cubes of coffee to a blender.
- Next, add one-quarter cup heavy whipping cream and one tablespoon cocoa.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and add that to the mix with one tablespoon MTC oil .
- The blending process should cream everything up together well.
- If you want, add protein powder and/or almond milk to the mix too.
- Top it off with some whipped cream and coffee beans for that extra wow factor.
- Be sure to keep the balance of flavors. For example, add less cocoa powder if you are using a chocolate flavored protein powder.
- A dusting of cinnamon or cocoa will also add a touch of glam to this frozen shake.
- Serve in a tall chilled glass, and add sweetener to taste.
7. Homemade Frozen Strawberry Zinger
This recipe has a relatively higher carb count because it requires two types of fruit. At 13g of carbs, there are more fruit sugars. But, it is still a relatively low-carb smoothie, with no hidden sugars or fats. Also, it’s delicious and full of vitamin C, so your body will zing with happiness and your taste buds will tango.
Also, you could turn this into an adult beverage with a splash or two of your favorite alcohol. However, be sure to keep track of the carbs. You don’t want to overdo it. Add a cocktail umbrella and enjoy this tropical-inspired low carb treat. You can also use mixed berries.
Enjoy the delicious pairing of strawberries and lime, or lemon, and add zest to your morning, afternoon or evening. It is attractive and simple to make, so this is an Instagram-worthy smoothie. Just add a sprig of mint, a slice of lemon or strawberry. Here’s how to make this recipe:
- Start with one cup fresh or frozen strawberries and the juice of a large lime.
- Add approximately one-half teaspoon of natural sugar or your favorite sweetener to balance the flavors.
- Next, include one half cup water and one cup ice. If the strawberries are fresh, add more ice and less water. If looks too thick and icy, add a little water.
- Thoroughly blend and pour the mixture into a tall glass or jar.
8. Keto Strawberry Cheesecake in a Glass
When on a low-carb or Keto diet, you don’t have to feel deprived when having your cake and eating it, too. If you include healthy fats, protein and reduced carbs, you can enjoy this indulgent, creamy sip of heaven. Perhaps you just upgraded your post-workout smoothie to five stars. Just follow these simple steps:
- Blend one-half cup frozen strawberries with one and a half tablespoons full fat cream cheese.
- Add two tablespoons Greek yogurt and one half cup almond or coconut milk You can replace the almond milk, or some of it, with heavy whipping cream too.
- If you want, add one tablespoon MTC oil and sweetener to taste.
- Blend with approximately four ice cubes and taste to be sure it is sweet enough for you.
- Also, if you are going to add protein powder, go for strawberry or vanilla.
- Top with a few berries and a drizzle of yogurt.
- If you have some, garnish the top with mint.
Experiment with different flavors of cheesecake like blueberry, chocolate or raspberry. Remember, berries are lower in carbs and nutrient-dense. You can also layer two different flavors to enjoy the health benefits of a low-carb or Keto diet plan.
9. Low Carb Frosted Caramel Spiced Chai
This delicious taste sensation is perfect when you need a break from your morning coffee or usual beverage. It is simple to make, but it needs a bit more preparation time because the tea needs time to steep. So, if you are making this beverage in the morning, you’ll need to set aside 15 minutes for this spicy-sweet low carb treat.
However, it is well worth it. Enjoy this exotic spiced tea that is aroma-rich and creamy. The carbs are low in this tea, coming from the almond milk or whipping cream. And the healthy fats will add a depth of flavor along with the spices.
To serve it chilled for a tastier treat, just follow these steps:
- Let one or two caramel chai-flavored tea bags stew in a mug or pot for a few minutes.
- After about 10 minutes the tea will be at the maximum flavor strength.
- In a glass jar or protein shaker, add two tablespoons heavy whipping cream and one-third cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk.
- Add one tablespoon vanilla protein powder and cinnamon if you wish. Remember, this tea has spice already.
- Shake or use a stick blender to mix everything together. Add sweetener to taste. Bear in mind this tea has caramel flavors, so there will be sweetness from that.
- Put some ice in a mug and pour this tea over the top.
10. Salt and Caramel Smoothie
Get your taste buds ready for a gourmet adventure. The salty-sweet flavors in this smoothie tantalize and tease. In fact, they taste so well together, they have become a popular foodie favorite. And this low carb Keto-inspired version will amaze and delight you.
The autumn-inspired flavors that can work in any season. Enjoy the rich and creamy nutty, sweet flavors while keeping your body happy with healthy fats, and no refined sugars. To make this Salt and Caramel Smoothie, just follow these steps:
- Blend together three tablespoons heavy whipping cream with one cup unsweetened cashew milk.
- Add a handful of ice and one tablespoon salted caramel syrup and blend until creamy. Some salted caramel syrups contain butter and sugar. If you can find it unsweetened, just replace the refined sugar with a sugar substitute. Or, look for a salted caramel syrup with a sugar replacement.
- Drip some salted caramel syrup down the sides of the glass or jar before adding your smoothie.
- Add some whipped cream and garnish with a Keto-friendly pretzel, salted caramel syrup or pumpkin spice. You also sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
11. Strawberry and Black Currant Chia Smoothie
This smoothie is a little different than the blueberry MCT oil-rich smoothie. The combination of berries means it’s a little higher on the carb count and a little more like a super-nutrient milkshake. The fats are a little lighter too, so this is a good recipe to start with if you are a newbie to the Keto or low-carb eating plan. The pairing of black currants and strawberries will add an extra layer of flavor.
- Here’s how to make this sweet but tart smoothie that’s sure to tease the taste buds:
- Blend one-half cup of fresh or frozen black currents with one half cup strawberries.
- Add one quarter cup coconut milk or heavy whipping cream.
- Pour in one half cup water and add two tablespoons whole or powdered Chia seeds.
- To sweeten it, just add a half of a vanilla pod or vanilla extract. You can also use a low carb sweetener. The berries may be tart, so taste test this smoothie before blending it.
- To make a meal replacement smoothie, just include a little coconut cream and protein powder.
- Let your smoothie rest in your refrigerator for five minutes, so the Chia seeds can absorb the liquid.
- Top it off with whipped cream and one or two of berries. You can also use mint if you have it.
Have you chosen your favorite from these 11 delicious keto-friendly and low-carb smoothie recipes? Just pick one at a time to try, and you’ll never feel bored by beverages again. All these smoothies are healthy and fit the low-carb lifestyle, so be sure to share them.