3. Green tea
We all know the benefits that green tea contains when it comes to our internal health. Well, now you can double those benefits! Besides your body, you can help your skin with this amazing beverage too. Just by making a homemade skin scrub from the used tea bags, dead skin cells won’t have a place on your skin anymore.
It consists of a plethora of nutrients. A huge amount of antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, vitamins, and caffeine will have an amazing impact on you. Drinking green tea and then applying it as a beauty mask will enhance your outside as much as the inside. Its vitamin K and antioxidants can help with treating dark circles under your eyes. You will look a lot younger and aging signs will vanish.
To remove dirt and to exfoliate your skin, you can make this mixture with just a few simple steps. Along with that, you will remove dead skin cells in no time. Also, this can work as a toner. It will reduce large pores and prevent your skin from dehydration. Therefore, you won’t have to be scared to expose yourself to the sun. This well-treated skin will be hard to break.
- Put in a bowl, the contents of 1 or 2 used green tea bags. Mix them with 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey. If you want, you can add 1 tablespoon of baking soda. After adding these, mix them all up until you achieve a thick paste. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it to sit on for about 10 minutes. Wet your fingers and then carefully scrub off the mask. Repeat this process once a week.
This amazing beverage is known as a miracle-worker for us in the morning. What we don’t know is that Its benefits go way beyond that. When it’s used in moderation, coffee can contribute to overall health. Consuming it for an internal boost of energy, we often forget what effects it can have on our skin.
Coffee is loaded with antioxidants that can help our skin to fight free radicals in the environment. Not only that, but it will help you with protection from the sun. UV rays can cause many skin diseases and it’s important to keep our skin safe. As we see, these advantages are numerous. One more addition is that promotes blood circulation.
This amazing drink will help with eliminating dead skin cells. It will promote cell re-growth. One of the important compounds in this process is flavonols. They are located in coffee grounds and they play a big role in improving skin texture. Also, flavonols will give your skin a healthy glow and will keep it undamaged. Go ahead and give it a try. You will see the results for yourself.
- Create a mixture of 3 tablespoons of coffee grounds, 1 tablespoon of fine sugar and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. You can also use almond oil. When it becomes thick, apply this paste over your face with a massage. Also, it will be beneficial to apply it on your neck, elbows, and even knees. Use soft and gentle circular motions. After 5 to 10 minutes, you can take it off using warm water. After rinsing it off, gently pat your skin. Use of this amazing mixture once a week will do sensations.
Nuts are very beneficial for our body. Daily consumption is necessary for the well-being of our bodies. Almonds are the most nutritional ones. They enhance your troubled heart and add the glow to your skin before anything else. Used as a snack, they will fill you up and give you more energy.
A good skin does not require expensive cosmetics. Proper nutrition and healthy foods will give us health on the inside and on the outside at the same time. A handful of almonds every day will ensure that your skin has youthful firmness. Almonds are loaded with vitamin E and A, biotin, and copper which are very crucial for a healthy skin.
Healthy fats that are found in almonds can slow the process of wrinkles appearing on your face. Vitamin E helps with creating collagen and elastin that your skin needs, too. One way of consuming them to better your skin is applying them on it.
- Before you go to bed, soak 10 almonds in water. Leave them to stay all night. It will be even better if you soak them in milk. The next morning, take them out of the water. Peel their skin off and make a granular paste by grinding them. Add 2 teaspoons of honey.
Put this mixture on your face and neck. After rubbing it on for a couple of minutes with circular motions, let your skin dry. That should last for about 10-15 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water and you are ready to go with your rejuvenated looking skin. This can be used 2-3 times a week, not more.
6. Orange peels
Knowledge of the taste that this incredible fruit has is present in all of us. It is filled with Vitamin C and it makes us healthier. We focus on eating it and enjoying it, so we don’t think about other benefits that it may have.
The inside of the orange can affect our bodies in great ways, but so can the outside. Next time that you eat this fruit, be sure not to throw away the peels. With them, you can rejuvenate your skin and make It look even better. Therefore, they can cure many skin diseases. Orange peels have citric acid which if used on your skin, make it look smoother and brighter. If you are looking for a good skin product, always search for this ingredient to be included in it.
Next to Vitamin C, there are calcium, potassium, and magnesium. All of those vitamins are very important for your body, but also for your skin. Acne, dead cells and dehydrated skin will be forgotten. The re-growth of cells will be faster and your skin will be moisturized. Such a feeling of freshness is now easy to achieve. There are so many different ways to use orange peels as facemasks or cleansers. You should try at least one of them.
- Make a mix from an equal amount of orange peel powder and plain yogurt. Make sure that you get a smooth paste. Use it on your neck area and your face. Let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes. Using circular motions, gently rub this paste off with wet hands. You should do this at least once a week.
7. Gram flour
Indian grandmothers are enamored with using this type of flour in many different ways. Their kitchen shelves don’t lack this ingredient. They first discovered the benefits gram flour has to offer. Gram flour, also known as besan, can help you fight all kinds of skin problems. For starters, blemishes, pimples, dull and tired-looking skin can’t get anywhere near your skin when gram flour is around.
Besan has all kinds of alkalizing abilities. They can be used as a cleanser to maintain the pH levels of the skin normal. It will also remove toxins from your skin. Thus, that will result in a clean and shiny skin. An excessive amount of oil will be absorbed and removed from your skin. With its bleaching abilities also, your skin will feel toned with a radiant glow.
One more plus that gram flour has is that it helps with excess hair removal. Suitable for all skin types, it is the perfect agent in cleaning your skin. You can mix it with numerous other organic ingredients or use it on its own.
- Add 2 tablespoons of gram flour and a few tablespoons of water. Make a paste. When it’s done, put it on your skin and let it do its job. You will know that the process is done when it dries out completely. Then, rinse your face using wet fingers and scrub it off.
- There is one more way of using gram flour as a skin-healing mask. Mix 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 2 more of gram flour. If you want to, you can put in 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder as well. If you see that the paste is too thick, add a little bit more yogurt. Apply this paste on your face and neck. When it dries out, start rinsing it off. Both of these remedies can be used 1 or 2 times in a week.
8. Pumice stone and warm water soak
Dead skin cells on our heels are a very common problem. Many men and women suffer from it. It is very difficult to heal and it keeps coming back. There are some ways to ease this problem. One of them is using the pumice stone.
Going for faster ways of removing dead skin cells can easily harm you. Instead of going for tools like blades or steel wool, chose patience and safer ways. Pumice stone removes dry skin cells from the feet, elbows or knees naturally. It’s important to stay persistent with the use, but don’t overdo it. Two or three times a week is more than enough.
Pumice stone mixed with warm water can enhance the appearance of your skin. You will feel the improvement as the weeks pass by. One additional thing that you can use for even better results is adding peppermint oil. It will give your skin a total makeover. Your rejuvenated skin will feel a soothing effect.
- Put a few drops of mild liquid soap with warm water into a foot tub. Let your feet absorb this mix for at least 15 minutes. You will feel your skin becoming softer. After that, for about 10 minutes, use circular motions to scrub the skin. Use pumice stone for scrubbing. When that is done, wash your feet with clean water and dry them with a soft towel. Carefully apply coconut or olive oil on your feet. It’s enough to repeat this process once a week.
9. Avocado Seeds
Avocado is one of the most appreciated sources of healthy fats. It has many benefits for our health, but also for our beauty. Avocado has a delicious flavor and a plethora of nutrients. Besides healthy fats, it has protein, antioxidants and other beneficial substances.
As a great source of fiber and amino acids, it is a must in our diet. Avocado contributes to a youthful skin by slowing down the aging process. Also, it prevents the appearance of wrinkles. The flavonols in it stop the effects that free radicals have on our skin.
Many people use the avocado pulp to create face masks in order to remove dead skin cells. Other benefits are removing extra sebum and dirt from our skin. Your face will be clean and refreshed. Its antioxidants will nourish your dry skin. That way, it will be repaired without a lot of work.
- After washing avocado seeds, remove the brown skin. Grind them into a powder. Add in a bowl 1 tablespoon of this powder along with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey. Using circular motions, apply this mixture on your face and the other body parts. After 10 or 15 minutes, take a shower. It is recommended to use this once a week.
10. Dry brushing
It is normal to brush our hair and teeth regularly. What about your skin? Why is that an exception? Dry brushing has become very popular because of its potential benefits. They go from healthier-looking skin to healing lymphatic drainage.
Usually, it’s recommended before showering. The direction should be from the feet toward the chest. Don’t forget that you are doing a big favor to your skin. It will thank you later. Dry brushing promotes the normal lymph flow by transporting lymph through the body. It also helps with removing dead skin cells and exfoliating the skin. Therefore, the skin is softer and nourished.
By regularly brushing your skin, the first signs of improvement will show up sooner than you have expected. It will open up your pores and allow your skin to breathe. Tighter skin and an improved texture are always wanted, so don’t hesitate to try this method.
- Before you start to brush, make sure that your skin is clean. Dryness is important to watch for because of the use of moisturizer later. Start slowly and be gentle to your skin. Being too harsh can cause redness and irritation.
- Like we said, you should start by brushing your feet. Slowly go up and brush your legs, stomach area, chest, arms, and shoulders. It should last for about 10 to 20 minutes. After you are done, go for a nice and relaxing shower. The final step is to pat dry your skin with a soft towel and apply a moisturizer. This process can be done few times a week for the best results.