8. Pumice stone and warm water soak
Dead skin cells on our heels are a very common problem. Many men and women suffer from it. It is very difficult to heal and it keeps coming back. There are some ways to ease this problem. One of them is using the pumice stone.
Going for faster ways of removing dead skin cells can easily harm you. Instead of going for tools like blades or steel wool, chose patience and safer ways. Pumice stone removes dry skin cells from the feet, elbows or knees naturally. It’s important to stay persistent with the use, but don’t overdo it. Two or three times a week is more than enough.
Pumice stone mixed with warm water can enhance the appearance of your skin. You will feel the improvement as the weeks pass by. One additional thing that you can use for even better results is adding peppermint oil. It will give your skin a total makeover. Your rejuvenated skin will feel a soothing effect.
- Put a few drops of mild liquid soap with warm water into a foot tub. Let your feet absorb this mix for at least 15 minutes. You will feel your skin becoming softer. After that, for about 10 minutes, use circular motions to scrub the skin. Use pumice stone for scrubbing. When that is done, wash your feet with clean water and dry them with a soft towel. Carefully apply coconut or olive oil on your feet. It’s enough to repeat this process once a week.
9. Avocado Seeds
Avocado is one of the most appreciated sources of healthy fats. It has many benefits for our health, but also for our beauty. Avocado has a delicious flavor and a plethora of nutrients. Besides healthy fats, it has protein, antioxidants and other beneficial substances.
As a great source of fiber and amino acids, it is a must in our diet. Avocado contributes to a youthful skin by slowing down the aging process. Also, it prevents the appearance of wrinkles. The flavonols in it stop the effects that free radicals have on our skin.
Many people use the avocado pulp to create face masks in order to remove dead skin cells. Other benefits are removing extra sebum and dirt from our skin. Your face will be clean and refreshed. Its antioxidants will nourish your dry skin. That way, it will be repaired without a lot of work.
- After washing avocado seeds, remove the brown skin. Grind them into a powder. Add in a bowl 1 tablespoon of this powder along with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and honey. Using circular motions, apply this mixture on your face and the other body parts. After 10 or 15 minutes, take a shower. It is recommended to use this once a week.
10. Dry brushing
It is normal to brush our hair and teeth regularly. What about your skin? Why is that an exception? Dry brushing has become very popular because of its potential benefits. They go from healthier-looking skin to healing lymphatic drainage.
Usually, it’s recommended before showering. The direction should be from the feet toward the chest. Don’t forget that you are doing a big favor to your skin. It will thank you later. Dry brushing promotes the normal lymph flow by transporting lymph through the body. It also helps with removing dead skin cells and exfoliating the skin. Therefore, the skin is softer and nourished.
By regularly brushing your skin, the first signs of improvement will show up sooner than you have expected. It will open up your pores and allow your skin to breathe. Tighter skin and an improved texture are always wanted, so don’t hesitate to try this method.
- Before you start to brush, make sure that your skin is clean. Dryness is important to watch for because of the use of moisturizer later. Start slowly and be gentle to your skin. Being too harsh can cause redness and irritation.
- Like we said, you should start by brushing your feet. Slowly go up and brush your legs, stomach area, chest, arms, and shoulders. It should last for about 10 to 20 minutes. After you are done, go for a nice and relaxing shower. The final step is to pat dry your skin with a soft towel and apply a moisturizer. This process can be done few times a week for the best results.