- Curry Leaves: Mother Nature’s Favorite Gray Hair Treatment
Curry isn’t just for your favorite recipes. Curry leaves have essential nutrients, like vitamin B, that can help prevent gray hair and restore the health of your hair follicles. Curry leaves also contain beta-carotene, which encourages hair growth and reduces hair loss. Here’s a helpful gray hair remedy you can make in a snap:
Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is nature’s conditioner for your hair. It can treat dry hair and smooth hair cuticles, making it look shinier and more manageable, as well. Here’s how to make this massage oil:
- Combine a handful of curry leaves with one cup of coconut oil.
- Boil for five to eight minutes, or until the curry leaves look black.
- Let this concoction cool and then strain it into a container.
- Massage into your hair strands and scalp.
- Rinse it out after 30 to 45 minutes.
- Repeat one or two times weekly.
Curry Leaves, Yogurt and Neem Mask: This mask will add moisture and nutrients to your scalp, leaving your hair shiny and healthy. It can also make your hair strands stronger and protect them from environmental damage. Here’s a simple way to prepare it:
- Take a handful of curry and neem leaves and add them to a mixer or bowl.
- Add two to three teaspoons of yogurt
- Blend all ingredients until you form a fine paste.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and massage it gently.
- Let your hair dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shampoo it out completely and rinse well.
Your hair may feel tacky after using curry leaves due to the natural elements in them. You don’t need to worry because when your hair becomes dry, you’ll be able to style it with ease. You can also try the following tips:
- Shampoo and Rinse Well: To combat the sticky feel, just wash with shampoo and rinse thoroughly after.
- Take Your Time: Give your hair plenty of time to dry naturally.
- Comb It Out: Comb or brush out any pieces of leaves that may cling to your hair.