1. Raw Potatoes
Who knew potatoes could bring any beneficial properties to the skin? The good news with potatoes is that you can be easily find them in most households. This is because you can find potatoes in bulk and at affordable prices. After preparing potatoes for your meal, save one or two of them to help you rid yourself of those dark circles under your eyes.
Potatoes are thought to be one of the best remedies in that they have been used over time for bleaching the skin. This is because they are an effective natural bleaching agent. This means they will also help in lightening the dark circles under your eyes. At the same time, potatoes can help you in getting rid of the puffiness around the eyes, also called “eye bags.”
Fresh potatoes contain antioxidants, which ensures that they keep your skin looking young, supple and healthy. These antioxidants play a big role in ensuring that potatoes get rid of any bags or dark lines that may have formed under your eyes. Sliced potatoes contain juices that soak the skin under the eyes and shrinks the swollen cells, making puffy eyes appear rejuvenated. The blood vessels open to allow blood circulation; hence, reducing the swelling under your eyes.
The procedure for removing the dark circles is as follows:
- Grate one or two potatoes in order to extract the juice.
- Alternatively, you can use sliced potatoes if you are uncomfortable with grating, and to save time.
- After the juice extraction, soak a cotton ball in the extracted juice and then place it over your closed eyes.
- Just ensure that the juices have fully covered the area with the dark circles, which should be under the eyes and the eyelids.
- Allow the juice to fully penetrate the area for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the juice off with clear, cool water.
- You can repeat the procedure at least once or twice per day for at least a few weeks, or until the circles have disappeared.