6. Rose Water
Rose water is made by steeping rose petals in water. Rose water is beneficial for your skin. That is why it is among the ingredients used in making body perfumes. Rose water has no harmful effects to the skin and you can be applied it under your eyes without causing any kind of skin irritation. It has moisturizing properties that make your skin appear supple and young. Because of its harmless properties and wonderful scent, it is used to make body oils and even deodorants.
Aside from milk baths, famous people like Cleopatra used rose water for beauty purposes and to stand out due to its effects on their skin. When you apply rose water in your daily routine, it can reduce black shadows under your eyes. It also makes your skin look healthier.
In addition, rose water has toning properties that contribute to lessening the dark color formed by stress and lack of sleep. Its antioxidant properties strengthen your skin cells and regenerate your skin tissues. Rose water can also remove the dead skin cells that can cause swollen eyes. Using rose water may prevent and even remove your eye circles, and do away with the puffiness, too.
Rose water is a gentle remedy for dark circles as it has soothing ingredients with skin enhancing properties. This quality alone makes it one of the best home remedies for treating dark circles because allergic reactions are rare.
To find the highest quality of rose water possible, be sure to look for these factors:
- No cloudiness: It must be transparent and clear in color. If it is a bright, neon color, it could have synthetic ingredients in it.
- No extra ingredients: The label should read rose water and nothing else.
- The word, “distilled,” on the label: This is a good sign it is a natural product free of synthetic ingredients.
To use rose water on your eyes, follow these steps:
- Dip two clean cotton balls in pure chilled rose water.
- Squeeze out the excess rose water and place one over each eye.
- Leave the cotton balls on the area for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the rose water off with lukewarm water.
- Be sure to rinse it off after cleansing your face in order to achieve better results.
- Do this twice per day until the dark circles clear off.