Some things take common sense to know.
“Not my story, but my paramedic mentors’: He and his partner were both fans of clam chowder, and there was a grocery store in their area that sold it, so they stopped to grab some while on lunch break. He got a regular. His partner got large. Sure enough, their break was interrupted by an emergent call, and they respond to a house for chest pain. As they were assessing the patient, his partner began to look green and sweaty and told him that he needed to go outside. Shortly after, he heard his partner calling on the radio for a second unit to respond lights and sirens and a supervisor. My mentor was confused but was finishing up on the scene when he suddenly began to feel very sick.”
Phoenix25 continues, “Luckily, the second unit arrived in time for him to run outside and puke on the front lawn. Both went home in the back of the ambulance, pooping and puking. They refused transport to the hospital; I don’t blame them. It turns out the grocery store had hired a new employee. He was confused about which counter was for chopping meat and which was for chopping veggies/potatoes. Which would have been fine with any other kind of soup. However, with chowder, you don’t bring it to a full boil. The veggies and potatoes were chopped on a counter containing raw chicken blood/juice, then heated up for several hours at a temperature just perfect for the reproduction of bacteria. I can’t see a food counter at a grocery store the same way since.”