Always refrigerate your mayo otherwise you might get food poisoning.
“I worked at Dairy Queen when I had first moved out of my parents’ house. At that point, we served iron grilled paninis, and they were fantastic. I made myself a ham and mayo sandwich and brought it home after work. We didn’t own a fridge, so I left it on the counter. I started having severe stomach cramps and feeling like I overate when friends were over. So, I went to bed because my boyfriend was up entertaining them and flew out of bed a little while later, puking between my fingers that were clamped tightly over my mouth,” says BeanzTheTurtleHerder.
“I was the sickest I had ever been that night and peed myself. And I was throwing up so hard. Our friends said it sounded like I was dying. I felt like I was but couldn’t ask anyone to take me to the hospital because I didn’t want to throw up in their cars. Yeah, I was okay by the morning, but I have never been that miserable. I don’t get mayo on sandwiches or burgers unless I know I’m going to finish it fresh.”