10. Fantastic Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is any clay material in a powder form. You can get it at any health store. Fuller’s Earth soaks up oil on your skin. It promotes healthy, glowing skin, so it makes a great facial mask. Fuller’s earth removes dirt and toxins stored in your pores.
It also stimulates blood circulation to the face. Good blood circulation creates higher levels of oxygen, which plumps your skin. This process smooths out lines and wrinkles. Follow these simple steps to apply Fuller’s earth to your skin:
- You will need Fuller’s earth powder and Rose water.
- Mix a tablespoon of the power with just enough rose water to blend it into a smooth paste.
- Gently apply the paste to your face and neck, avoiding direct contact with your eyes.
- Allow the paste to naturally air dry, which usually takes about 20 minutes.
- Then rinse off your face and neck area with warm water.
Here’s another option:
- Mix Fuller’s earth powder with a tablespoon of honey and glycerin.
- Add a beaten egg white and mix into a paste.
- Apply this to your skin and neck and allow to dry by leaving it on for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with water and towel dry.
Egg whites are great to promote skin tightness. Honey a fantastic moisturizer and anti-bacterial agent and glycerin is a natural ingredient that attracts moisture to your skin. This fills and smooths fine lines and wrinkles. It also leaves your skin feeling soft.
11. Super Strawberries and Cream
Strawberries are not only delicious to eat or add to a smoothie, they are incredibly good for your skin. Nestled inside these little fruits are strong astringents for your skin. Strawberries contain vitamin C, a strong antioxidant that boosts the production of collagen fibers. These fibers can keep your skin smooth and firm. Strawberries also have alpha hydroxy acids to keep aging skin at bay.
Strawberries also fight oily skin and nourish and revitalize your skin. They also have skin lightening abilities and work well to reduce blemishes and acne scarring. Strawberries are a natural exfoliator for the skin. The vitamin C and salicylic acids help remove dead skin cell. They also remove excess sebum and impurities hiding in your pores.
Here’s how to make a strawberry facial mask:
- Using a small bowl, mash up three or four ripe strawberries with a fork.
- Mix in two teaspoons of yogurt and honey.
- Blend into a paste and apply to your face and neck area using your fingers in gentle circular motions.
- Leave it on for about five minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with a soft towel.
Use this mask at least once a day for a few weeks. Adding fresh strawberries to your daily diet will also assist in the process of helping your skin look younger, firmer and healthier. Strawberries are one of nature’s best super-foods. They boost your vitamin C and K levels, providing you with fiber, potassium, manganese and folic acids.
12. Perfect Potatoes
Earth’s apples are more than just a delicious vegetable to add to any meal. Potatoes are inexpensive, and you can buy them anywhere. So who would ever have thought these simple vegetables would be good for your skin? However, potatoes are loaded with vitamin A, which helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
They also have vitamin B, which improves your skin tone and reduces the darkening of your skin, especially under your eyes. Vitamin C which is the best vitamin for your skin as it helps in repairing skin damage. Potatoes also contain iron. A lack of iron causes your skin to become pale and sickly looking.
Potatoes also contain phosphorous, which aids the repair of skin cells. And, the potassium in potatoes acts as a moisturizer. But, only use raw potatoes. Cooked potatoes will have no benefit to your skin. Here are some simple steps for using potatoes on your skin:
- Juice a potato or two.
- Gently rub the juice into your face and neck, especially the areas with wrinkles and sagging skin.
- Just leave it on your skin. You don’t have to wash it off.
- If you have blemishes, use potato juice daily in those areas. When you have massaged it into your skin, leave it on for a few minutes then rinse off.
Potatoes are also great for sunburn. You can slice up a potato and place the slices on your skin or juice them and rub into your skin. For those dark circles under the eyes, slice a few pieces of potatoes and place them gently on your eyes. Relax for a few moments and let the potatoes gently do their magic.
13. Corrective Carrots
Eaten raw or as part of a salad, carrots come with immense health benefits. Not only do they bring vibrant color to your plate, but they taste great, too. Carrots get their orange color from beta-carotene, which transforms to vitamin A in people. They are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and minerals, too.
There are over 80 micronutrients in carrots, making them a superfood. The oils in carrots control dry, chapped skin and they have great anti-inflammatory qualities. When you eat carrots daily, it reduces the effects of the free radicals that cause premature aging. You can also use them on your skin and neck to reduce the onset of sagging and wrinkles.
Did you know that one small carrot supplies your body with nearly 300 percent of your daily requirements of vitamin A? Eat one each day, and use one or two on your skin every other day for healthy, hydrated skin.
Here’s how to use carrots on your skin:
- Cut off the top piece of a few carrots and wash them well.
- Put them all into a blender and blend until you have juice. If you don’t have a blender, then grate them up finely over a bowl, catching all the juice. The mixture should have a creamy consistency.
- Using your fingers apply the juice to your face and neck area.
- Massage gently using a circular motion to bring blood and oxygen to the skin.
- Leave on your skin to air dry.
- Gently wash off with warm water and pat dry with a soft towel.
14. Tempting Tomatoes
The redness of tomatoes brings color and fun to a salad. They also add flavor to your food. A simple raw tomato from the garden is not only tasty, it brings fantastic health and skin benefits. And tomatoes can fight off wrinkles and skin sagging. Tomatoes have lycopene in them, which helps eliminate skin-aging free radicals due to UV rays.
Tomatoes can protect your sun from sun damage. The UV rays from the sun dries your skin out. Dry skin looks saggy and makes wrinkles look more pronounced. Tomatoes also repair skin damage on a cellular level and reduce the appearance of acne scarring. A tomato also restores your natural oil balance while moisturizing your skin.
Tomatoes are high in vitamins, too, which helps shrink the size of your pores. Follow these simple steps to use tomatoes on your skin:
- Blend a tomato in your blender or squash a tomato with a spoon. All you need is the actual tomato juice.
- Once you have the juice in a small bowl, use your fingers to gently massage it into your face and neck area. Avoid your eyes because tomato juice can burn them.
- Once you have massaged it into your skin just leave it. Do not wash your face.
- You can apply tomato juice at least twice a day.
- Alternatively, rub the juice on your face and neck area and allow it to dry for 20 minutes. Once dry, wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
15. Moisturizing Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is a creamy, thick dressing consisting of egg yolks, oil, lemon juice or vinegar and some seasoning. You can use it as a salad dressing or as a wonderful companion to your sandwiches with lettuce. But did you know that mayonnaise is also great for treating sagging and wrinkled skin?
To see how it works, try this little test first: Find a watermark stain on any piece of wooden furniture in your house. Gently rub a bit of mayonnaise into it with a soft cloth and leave it for about 15 minutes. The watermark should be gone. This is because mayonnaise is a natural moisturizer and nourished the wood again. If it does that to a piece of wood just imagine the benefits to your skin.
Mayonnaise has incredible natural agents that help your skin. Egg whites tighten your skin. Lemon juice and vinegar are both anti-bacterial and help produce collagen, which plumps up your sagging skin and wrinkles.
Here’s how to apply mayonnaise to your skin:
- Take a tablespoon of mayonnaise and place it in the center of your palm.
- Using the other hand, dip your fingers into the mayonnaise. With a circular motion, apply it all over your face and neck area.
- Avoid getting it into your eyes because it burns.
- Leave the mayonnaise on your skin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently wash the mayonnaise off your face with slightly warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
These are the top 15 simple home remedies for younger-looking skin. To make most of them, all you have to do is look around your kitchen for the ingredients. They are simple to make and use, too. Just be safe by doing a quick 10-minute spot test to make sure you’re not allergic first. Soon, people will wonder what you’re doing to look so young and fresh.