14. Tempting Tomatoes
The redness of tomatoes brings color and fun to a salad. They also add flavor to your food. A simple raw tomato from the garden is not only tasty, it brings fantastic health and skin benefits. And tomatoes can fight off wrinkles and skin sagging. Tomatoes have lycopene in them, which helps eliminate skin-aging free radicals due to UV rays.
Tomatoes can protect your sun from sun damage. The UV rays from the sun dries your skin out. Dry skin looks saggy and makes wrinkles look more pronounced. Tomatoes also repair skin damage on a cellular level and reduce the appearance of acne scarring. A tomato also restores your natural oil balance while moisturizing your skin.
Tomatoes are high in vitamins, too, which helps shrink the size of your pores. Follow these simple steps to use tomatoes on your skin:
- Blend a tomato in your blender or squash a tomato with a spoon. All you need is the actual tomato juice.
- Once you have the juice in a small bowl, use your fingers to gently massage it into your face and neck area. Avoid your eyes because tomato juice can burn them.
- Once you have massaged it into your skin just leave it. Do not wash your face.
- You can apply tomato juice at least twice a day.
- Alternatively, rub the juice on your face and neck area and allow it to dry for 20 minutes. Once dry, wash it off with warm water and pat dry.
15. Moisturizing Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise is a creamy, thick dressing consisting of egg yolks, oil, lemon juice or vinegar and some seasoning. You can use it as a salad dressing or as a wonderful companion to your sandwiches with lettuce. But did you know that mayonnaise is also great for treating sagging and wrinkled skin?
To see how it works, try this little test first: Find a watermark stain on any piece of wooden furniture in your house. Gently rub a bit of mayonnaise into it with a soft cloth and leave it for about 15 minutes. The watermark should be gone. This is because mayonnaise is a natural moisturizer and nourished the wood again. If it does that to a piece of wood just imagine the benefits to your skin.
Mayonnaise has incredible natural agents that help your skin. Egg whites tighten your skin. Lemon juice and vinegar are both anti-bacterial and help produce collagen, which plumps up your sagging skin and wrinkles.
Here’s how to apply mayonnaise to your skin:
- Take a tablespoon of mayonnaise and place it in the center of your palm.
- Using the other hand, dip your fingers into the mayonnaise. With a circular motion, apply it all over your face and neck area.
- Avoid getting it into your eyes because it burns.
- Leave the mayonnaise on your skin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently wash the mayonnaise off your face with slightly warm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
These are the top 15 simple home remedies for younger-looking skin. To make most of them, all you have to do is look around your kitchen for the ingredients. They are simple to make and use, too. Just be safe by doing a quick 10-minute spot test to make sure you’re not allergic first. Soon, people will wonder what you’re doing to look so young and fresh.