9. Sensational Cinnamon
Most people think cinnamon is just an aromatic food condiment or a flavoring. However, it is also incredibly good for your skin. Moderate amounts of cinnamon help accelerate the production of collagen in your body. Collagen is essential to keep your skin tight and firm. Also, cinnamon helps reduce your blood sugar levels and lowers the risk of heart disease.
Using cinnamon on your skin helps reduce acne and pimples. Cinnamon also brings fresh oxygen to your face. This will make your skin glow and have a better texture. When blood with fresh oxygen goes to your face, it softens lines and sagging skin. Cinnamon is high in manganese, calcium, iron and vitamin K, too.
Use these steps to use cinnamon on your skin:
- Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and turmeric together.
- Then add in just enough olive oil to make a smooth paste.
- Once you have a smooth paste add either a teaspoon of salt or sugar.
- Sugar is a wonderful preservative and salt retains moisture.
- Gently scrub your face and neck area with the paste in a circular motion using your fingers. Do this for a few minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. You can use this scrub at least twice a week.
It is always best to do your cinnamon treatment at night. Collagen takes up to six hours to produce in your skin. So, do your scrub in the evening before bed and allow nature to work its magic while you sleep.