10. Sip Coriander Seed Tea
Coriander has been utilized in most homesteads for centuries. Most people use it as a spice in many recipes and dishes, but did you know it is another powerful natural home remedy to help counter cases of high blood cholesterol? In addition, coriander leaves provide great flavor when used in most meals.
Studies conducted to ascertain the effectiveness of coriander tea showed that the LDL (bad) cholesterol was significantly reduced, while the HDL (good) cholesterol was increased.
You can best utilize coriander seed tea by adding at least two teaspoons of powdered coriander to a cup of boiling water. Next, strain the liquid to help get rid of coriander powder that has not dissolved. Add some milk or honey to the cup to improve its taste.
Another plus that comes with this drink is that coriander seeds contain hypoglycemic properties, which will help in the prevention of high blood sugar. In addition to that, eating coriander in your daily diet or drinking coriander tea each day could:
- Reduce your blood pressure: This is because it has a diuretic effect, therefore helping you get rid of excess water weight.
- Improve your digestion: Coriander modulates gut activity and eases digestive discomforts.
- Prevent disease: Other findings suggest that coriander seed may prevent neurological inflammation and diseases.
- Help women feel better: It supports healthy menstrual function in women.
- Fight off certain sicknesses: Coriander can relieve urinary tract infections and fight food poisoning.
- Balance your body’s cholesterol levels: It can raise the good type of LDL, and lower the bad type, or HDL, of cholesterol levels.
If you don’t have coriander seed powder, simply use coriander seeds. You can prepare them for tea by drying them in the sun or roasting them in the oven at a low temperature. Once dry, all you have to do is grind them into fine powder, and you are ready to use them for tea or for recipes.
These remedies are just a few of the various treatments available to you. If you adhere to them, together with living a healthy lifestyle and making some smart dietary changes, you could enjoy a healthy life free from high cholesterol and heart disease. Making changes like watching what you eat, as well as engaging in physical exercise will surely lower your cholesterol levels. Being aware, like having your doctor check your cholesterol levels regularly is also your ticket to living a long and healthy life.